Volunteer at RFM
The Regina Farmers’ Market Co-operative (RFM) is seeking volunteers to help out during our 2017 season.
RFM outdoor markets are located on City Square Plaza (12th Avenue between Lorne St and Scarth St, Regina), and take place on Saturdays and Wednesdays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, from May 6 to October 14, 2017.
Market Under the Stars are located on City Square Plaza (12th Avenue between Lorne St and Scarth St, Regina), and take place on Thursdays from 5:00 to 10:00 pm, on July 20, August 13, and August 17, 2017
RFM indoor markets are located at 2065 Hamilton St, Regina, and take place on Saturdays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm from October 21 to December 16, 2017.
We are currently recruiting for the following volunteer positions:
- Market Assistants
Benefits of volunteering with the RFM:
- Be part of a vibrant, exciting farmers’ market community!
- Gain employment skills and experience with a non-profit co-operative
- Volunteer commitments of 18 hours or more receive a free RFM t-shirt
- Shifts of 3 or more hours receive a complimentary coffee or tea
Interested parties are invited to submit a letter of interest outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested. Please include information about your availability, as well as contact information for 1-2 references, and send to operations[AT]reginafarmersmarket.ca.
We are seeking volunteer Market Assistants that can volunteer for shifts of three (3) hours or more on the following days:
- Saturday markets (May 6-October 14), anytime between 6:30 am and 1:30 pm;
- Wednesdays markets (May 10-October 11), anytime between 6:30 am and 1:30 pm;
- Thursday Market Under the Stars (July 20, August 17, August 31), anytime between 12:00 and 11:00 pm.
Volunteer Market Assistants provide support to RFM staff by helping with the following:
Set up/Tear down:
- Set up/put away RFM Info Booth and other tents as needed
- Move tables and chairs (as needed)
- Place RFM signage, barricades, etc.
- Measure vendor spots, and place vendor spot numbers
- Greet customers, provide information, distribute promotional materials
- Provide support to customers (e.g., carry bags, etc.)
- Sell RFM t-shirts and gift cards
- Sell tasting tickets (Market Under the Stars)
- Provide information to customers
- Maintain site (e.g., signage, barricades, tables, etc.)
- Notify RFM staff of problems or concerns
Ideal skills & experience:
- Pleasant, friendly, and outgoing
- Customer service experience
- Experience working with cash
- Familiar with the Regina Farmers’ Market
- Can lift up to 50 lbs