Regina Farmers’ Market Co-operative (RFM) was incorporated in 1975 and has been in operation ever since.
Building on the success of a four-market pilot project in August 1974, the founding farmers incorporated the co-operative and held the first official Regina Farmers’ Market on August 9, 1975 at Regina’s Exhibition Grounds.
Farmer-driven from the start, the inaugural Regina Farmers’ Market season was attended by 22 producers and took place over a short fall harvest season. Since then, the RFM has evolved to include a 10-month season with over 100 vendors selling a diverse range of Saskatchewan-made products.
The RFM has had many locations over the years, including the Exhibition Grounds (1975-1981), 1800 block Hamilton St (1982-1986), the ViaRail (now Casino Regina) parking lot (1987-1994), 1900 block Scarth St (1995-2009), and City Hall (2010-2011), before finding our current home at the newly established City Square Plaza in 2012.
Since 1975, the RFM has been a driving force in helping to expand the definition of local Saskatchewan products. In additional to valuing our founding and long-time members, we also actively embrace new and innovative products and production methods from across the province.