Regina Farmers’ Market Announces 2020 Open-Air Summer Market Season
Regina Farmers’ Market Announces 2020 Open-Air Summer Market Season at City Square Plaza; Online Ordering to Continue
Open-air Market Opening Day: Saturday, June 20 from 9 am- 1 pm
Location: City Square Plaza, Regina
2020 Outdoor Season: Every Wednesday and Saturday from June 20 - October 10 from 9 am -1 pm (plans for fall indoor markets are forthcoming)
RFM’s Online Store: Will continue to operate in addition to the open-air markets. See below for more information about how to preorder for pick up or home delivery.
Folks, we can’t wait to see you again for our summer market season; we’ve missed you so! The Regina Farmers’ Market (RFM) is pleased to announce the reopening of our incredibly popular and much anticipated outdoor open-air farmers’ market! For 45 years the Regina Farmers’ Market has been an essential part of the local food supply chain. We are ecstatic to have the opportunity to continue our work of connecting producers and the community this summer.
Open-air Market Modifications for Summer 2020:
· There is one entrance to the market and one exit which will both be at Lorne Street and 12th Avenue. The vendor area will be cordoned off and all customers must enter and leave the market via at these access points.
· If the market area is at capacity, customers will form a queue on the sidewalk along Lorne Street (west side of Victoria Park).
· Our market rules and regulations will be posted near the entrance. Please read and ensure that you meet the criteria to attend the market. Of particular importance is the requirement that all who attend are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. People who are ill are kindly asked to stay home and protect our community.
· Hand-sanitizing stations will be located at the entrance to the market and throughout. Customers are required to use hand sanitizer before entering the market.
· Face masks are not a required however we strongly encourage and support those who choose to wear them.
· Once customers enter the vendor area, there will be directional cues, pylons, and signage to guide people through the market. Friendly staff and volunteers will be readily available to assist and answer questions.
· Food trucks will be onsite but in a separate area that is cordoned off from the regular market. Customers can choose to enter the food truck area or the regular vendor area upon arrival. To go between the areas, please return to the entrance at Lorne Street and 12th Avenue.
· We will be strictly enforcing social distancing guidelines. All people must remain 2m apart in the customer queue, vendor area, and the food truck area.
· One customer (or family) will be allowed in front of a vendor’s booth at a time. Everyone is welcome at the market. However, if possible, we ask that each family send only one person to shop at the market. Dogs and other pets will have to stay home this year.
· Please let our vendors serve you. Customers are not permitted to touch the products on a vendor’s table.
· No food or beverage sampling will occur this year.
· No washroom facilities will be available for customers at City Square Plaza.
· We encourage cashless transactions as much as possible and recommend using those payment options at the vendors who are able to accept them.
· Reusable bags, cups, and containers are not allowed at the market this year.
· All food purchased from regular vendors and food trucks is for take-away and not to be consumed on-site. Customers are asked not to gather or meet in the market area to ensure we can accommodate all of the people who wish to shop at our vendors.
· RFM staff, volunteers, and vendors will be regularly disinfecting high touch areas in the market and at their booths.
Online Order Pickups and Deliveries to Continue:
· The RFM’s Online Store is a huge success and will continue to operate for the remainder of 2020!
· Orders can be placed on our website between Monday noon and Thursday noon for fulfilment on Saturday. Please visit www.reginafarmersmarket.ca to link to our online store.
· Our contactless order pickup is operated as a drive-through. Pickups will continue to take place between 10 am-12 pm and 1 pm-3 pm at Douglas Park (3054 MacDonald Street).
· Home deliveries occur between 12 pm and 7 pm on Saturdays. There is a $5 charge for this option.
The Regina Farmers’ Market is grateful for the continued support of our organization from the City of Regina and the Saskatchewan Health Authority.
For more information please visit our website, contact [email protected], or call/text (306) 209-1130.